Notices
Results 1 to 63 of 63

Thread: Space Ends

  1. #1 Space Ends 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    The Universe
    http://www.cybcity.com/theuniverse


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Could an admin move this to Religion and Philosophy, or to pseudo-science where, at best, it belongs.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 your universe 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Could an admin move this to Religion and Philosophy, or to pseudo-science where, at best, it belongs.
    let's see your universe the whole thing and remember it has to include all matter energy time and space
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Let me see your punctuation. Then I might be able to understand at least part of what you are yammering about.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5 spare us o' lord. 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    15
    This guy is crackers, oh and he has not even a basic understanding of science. What a nightmare we live in, when religious dogma tries so hard to keep itself valid by coupling two thousand year old texts to the very edge of scientific reasoning.
    We have enough trouble understanding the universe without trying to squeeze it all into marriage of religious hogwash.
    All I know is, if there is a God, and I very much doubt it, since God is a mental concept and there is no reason why a mental concept of a human brain should have any relation to it's environment, but, if God does exist, he is infinitely more intelligent and complicated than the fools who purport to worship him.
    .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Amen.
    that says it all.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7 Re: spare us o' lord. 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by tilerdurden
    This guy is crackers, oh and he has not even a basic understanding of science. What a nightmare we live in, when religious dogma tries so hard to keep itself valid by coupling two thousand year old texts to the very edge of scientific reasoning.
    We have enough trouble understanding the universe without trying to squeeze it all into marriage of religious hogwash.
    All I know is, if there is a God, and I very much doubt it, since God is a mental concept and there is no reason why a mental concept of a human brain should have any relation to it's environment, but, if God does exist, he is infinitely more intelligent and complicated than the fools who purport to worship him.
    .

    Come on let's see your universe, the whole thing and remember it has to include all matter energy time and space.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    i don't see a definition of matter and energy space and time along with there proporties and workings in yours either.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 matter energy time and space 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    i don't see a definition of matter and energy space and time along with there proporties and workings in yours either.
    all matter and energy are very clearly defined on my webpage
    i do show all space and how it moves and that shows all of time

    but YOU, you have nothing
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    The opening statement on your website.
    “E = mc2 the equation for the atom bomb.”
    In what sense is this equation for the atomic bomb? You might as well say that
    S = ut + 0.5at2 is the equation for baseball. You have introduced a piece of popular science, seemingly as an attempt to give a veneer of respectability to your ramblings.

    “Matter, look at a brick. Its in a three dimensional form. Its made of electrons, protons and neutrons (atoms) and they are moving. So the brick is moving.”

    It is in fact in a four dimensional form, since it also exists within time. The brick is not moving. Its component parts are moving, but their average position remains unaltered, so that the brick does not move.

    Later you say, “The bending of light shows that energy also has gravity.”
    No it doesn’t. Please prove this, if you can.

    I could go on. Frankly it is too painful. Grow up, open your mind, empty out all the dross, fill it with knowledge, get an education, try to stop emitting verbal feces.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    i have read the site over and over 5 times now.
    there is no clear definition as to what matter is. you have labeled some proporties, which as Ophiolite mentioned is full of some holes anyway.

    Matter, look at a brick. Its in a three dimensional form. Its made of electrons, protons and neutrons (atoms) and they are moving.
    what are protons, neutrons and electrons?
    what are they made of?

    let's see your universe the whole thing and remember it has to include all matter energy time and space
    Unlike you i don't have my own little universe that i fly away too.
    but i do agree that scientists are looking in the right direction to expand on the currently accepted theories which form a somewhat elaborate picture of the universe.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12 Re: Space Ends 
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    I have nothing against you trying to fathom the nature of the universe.

    However, I do have some doubts as to some of what you say:

    You say repatedly in the beginning: 3D and Moving.
    However, nothing exists in 3D, and in 3D there is no time so nothing could be moving.

    You say: The universe is made of matter, energy, time and space.
    In modern physics, I would replace this with: The universe is made of space-time.

    You say: Space Ends.
    I think that you are probably correct here.

    You say: That is the understanding of the universe. Glory be to the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. It is very important the people receive this information.

    This is pure rubbish, from a scientific standpoint, and reduces your entire argument to rubbish. You should refrain from such trash in a purported scientific argument.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13 protons, neutrons and electrons? 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    i have read the site over and over 5 times now.
    there is no clear definition as to what matter is. you have labeled some proporties, which as Ophiolite mentioned is full of some holes anyway.

    Matter, look at a brick. Its in a three dimensional form. Its made of electrons, protons and neutrons (atoms) and they are moving.
    what are protons, neutrons and electrons?
    what are they made of?

    let's see your universe the whole thing and remember it has to include all matter energy time and space
    Unlike you i don't have my own little universe that i fly away too.
    but i do agree that scientists are looking in the right direction to expand on the currently accepted theories which form a somewhat elaborate picture of the universe.
    you want to know what are protons, neutrons and electrons?
    that will cost you one trillion dollars
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Junior Cuete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    4722,28 miles away from home
    Posts
    218
    Blah.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    you want to know what are protons, neutrons and electrons?
    that will cost you one trillion dollars
    I'd like to know what you are trying to say. If all you can do is come up with nothing but wanting money for knowledge then I really don't think anyone can learn anything from you for you mave no money.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Sophomore NimaRahnemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sunnyvale, California
    Posts
    156
    It may seem crazy but if he is on crackers then so am I. Space is infinite, the universe is limited, but it is always expanding.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    care to elaborate on what makes you believe this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    15
    matter is expanding throughout space, I'm not sure whether space itself is expanding, though I believe Einstein said it was in Ideas and Opinions. It would be very hard to measure, but in explaining how the universe is finite but space is infinite here's a simple image that's handy to grasp it.
    Imagine that all the galaxies are the surface of a balloon, as the balloon expands, each galaxy moves further away from every other, the balloon is finite in size but can expand to infinity.
    I read that in Hawkins Universe in a nutshell, very good way to understand the expanding yet finite nature of the universe.
    Of course it could all be wrong though, since all knowledge is just subjective measurements of energy and how could those subjective measurements organised in an organ like the brain have any true relation to what actually exists.


    There's no such thing as two pencils, the idea is nonsense.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19 Pseudoscience 
    Forum Sophomore NimaRahnemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sunnyvale, California
    Posts
    156
    I put my thoughts about this on the pseudoscience part of the forum. I don't think it will really make as much sense. If i tried to explain it verbally it would make much more sense.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Strugle Town
    Posts
    222
    What I find perplexing is that the rate of expansion is increasing, why?? Where is the extra energy coming from to cause this, or is it beyond our present knowledge??? :? :?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Die Fledermaus
    What I find perplexing is that the rate of expansion is increasing, why?? Where is the extra energy coming from to cause this, or is it beyond our present knowledge??? :? :?
    the theory is that there is a larger amount of dark energy in the universe than normal energy and it is pushing positive energy/matter away from it. there are parts of the universe that have been observed to have the opposite gravitational affect than normal, same energy (negative) is pulled towards it while opposite energy (normal) is pushed away.
    "What do you despise? By this are you truly known" - Frank Herbert
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    just don't ask where the dark energy is comming from.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    just don't ask where the dark energy is comming from.
    where does normal energy come from?
    "What do you despise? By this are you truly known" - Frank Herbert
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Strugle Town
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyLennigan
    Quote Originally Posted by Die Fledermaus
    What I find perplexing is that the rate of expansion is increasing, why?? Where is the extra energy coming from to cause this, or is it beyond our present knowledge??? :? :?
    the theory is that there is a larger amount of dark energy in the universe than normal energy and it is pushing positive energy/matter away from it. there are parts of the universe that have been observed to have the opposite gravitational affect than normal, same energy (negative) is pulled towards it while opposite energy (normal) is pushed away.
    OK . So what are we + or -??
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Die Fledermaus
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyLennigan
    Quote Originally Posted by Die Fledermaus
    What I find perplexing is that the rate of expansion is increasing, why?? Where is the extra energy coming from to cause this, or is it beyond our present knowledge??? :? :?
    the theory is that there is a larger amount of dark energy in the universe than normal energy and it is pushing positive energy/matter away from it. there are parts of the universe that have been observed to have the opposite gravitational affect than normal, same energy (negative) is pulled towards it while opposite energy (normal) is pushed away.
    OK . So what are we + or -??
    positive of course. for years and years energy was energy to us. there was no positive or negative (in our theories) but the math that we describe it with allows for there to be a negative spectrum. we just hadn't seen evidence of that in the actual universe until lately. what we've always known as energy is the positive energy, and what we know next to nothing about is dark (negative) energy. with normal (positive) energy opposites attract, but the reverse is true about dark energy. this theoretical dark energy repels normal energy and matter.
    "What do you despise? By this are you truly known" - Frank Herbert
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyLennigan
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    just don't ask where the dark energy is comming from.
    where does normal energy come from?
    i'll take a shot and say Mass and movement/velocity/heat.
    where doesn't it come from?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyLennigan
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    just don't ask where the dark energy is comming from.
    where does normal energy come from?
    i'll take a shot and say Mass and movement/velocity/heat.
    where doesn't it come from?
    but mass and movement/velocity/heat are described as being characteristics of energy, so how can energy derive from these things?
    "What do you despise? By this are you truly known" - Frank Herbert
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyLennigan
    where does normal energy come from?
    From the Big Bang.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyLennigan
    but mass and movement/velocity/heat are described as being characteristics of energy, so how can energy derive from these things?
    true...i'll rethink this for a bit............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ....Insanity's answer seems to be on the mark.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyLennigan
    where does normal energy come from?
    From the Big Bang.
    yes, supposedly. and dark energy is theorized to derive from quantum fluctuations in space/time. whether this would mean that dark energy also came from the big bang, or if dark energy was here before the big bang, i dont know.

    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    true...i'll rethink this for a bit............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ....Insanity's answer seems to be on the mark.
    what answer was that?
    "What do you despise? By this are you truly known" - Frank Herbert
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    oops i got terribly terribly confused somehow?

    the credit goes to Ophiolite.

    if only i could find my glasses.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32 Re: Space Ends 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    Hello there,

    Again I feel, I want to be cynical, but this doesn't get us anywhere.
    let's be brotherly about it.
    Space goes on and on for ever, for myself, that is a fact.
    But most of the people are right here. You should take your topic to the
    Religion section.
    One thing is what people hate these days, is that you are telling people what they should do.
    Be a brother, not a mother.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    the credit goes to Ophiolite.
    I think that was probably irony. I don't mind. I'll take all the credit I can get, wherever I can get it, even from Australian marsupials.

    [Note: in most of my posts I throw in a 'tempter'. A statement intended to induce someone with a little learning to challenge my apparently unwitting error. Here, for example, I am hoping someone unaware that marsupials may be found other than in Australia will challenge me on the redundancy of the use of 'Australian'. Alas, most of these go unchallenged. This must mean everyone has more learning than I ascribed to them. My apologies to you all for underestimating your education. I must have spent to much time on sciforums.]

    [Note 2: I only threw in the above note since this thread has got really boring. Contrary to what my dear friend Mitchell believes it's controversy that generates interest, not bland agreement.]

    [Note 3: For a special prize, how many syntax errors can you identify in this post?]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34 go tell them 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler
    you want to know what are protons, neutrons and electrons?
    that will cost you one trillion dollars
    I'd like to know what you are trying to say. If all you can do is come up with nothing but wanting money for knowledge then I really don't think anyone can learn anything from you for you mave no money.
    go tell them

    go tell all the people in the colleges and universities high schools corperations newspapers tv radio etc etc etc

    that you want them all to work for free!

    go tell them
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35 shovel 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    oops i got terribly terribly confused somehow?

    the credit goes to Ophiolite.

    if only i could find my glasses.
    were you hit with a shovel
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36 Ophiolite 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    the credit goes to Ophiolite.
    I think that was probably irony. I don't mind. I'll take all the credit I can get, wherever I can get it, even from Australian marsupials.

    [Note: in most of my posts I throw in a 'tempter'. A statement intended to induce someone with a little learning to challenge my apparently unwitting error. Here, for example, I am hoping someone unaware that marsupials may be found other than in Australia will challenge me on the redundancy of the use of 'Australian'. Alas, most of these go unchallenged. This must mean everyone has more learning than I ascribed to them. My apologies to you all for underestimating your education. I must have spent to much time on sciforums.]

    [Note 2: I only threw in the above note since this thread has got really boring. Contrary to what my dear friend Mitchell believes it's controversy that generates interest, not bland agreement.]

    [Note 3: For a special prize, how many syntax errors can you identify in this post?]
    come on come on

    i want to see your universe

    come on come on

    i want to see your universe

    the whole thing
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37 E = mc2 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    The opening statement on your website.
    “E = mc2 the equation for the atom bomb.”
    In what sense is this equation for the atomic bomb? You might as well say that
    S = ut + 0.5at2 is the equation for baseball. You have introduced a piece of popular science, seemingly as an attempt to give a veneer of respectability to your ramblings.

    “Matter, look at a brick. Its in a three dimensional form. Its made of electrons, protons and neutrons (atoms) and they are moving. So the brick is moving.”

    It is in fact in a four dimensional form, since it also exists within time. The brick is not moving. Its component parts are moving, but their average position remains unaltered, so that the brick does not move.

    Later you say, “The bending of light shows that energy also has gravity.”
    No it doesn’t. Please prove this, if you can.

    I could go on. Frankly it is too painful. Grow up, open your mind, empty out all the dross, fill it with knowledge, get an education, try to stop emitting verbal feces.
    E = mc2 the equation for the atomic bomb that's why everyone knows E = mc2

    “Matter, look at a brick. Its in a three dimensional form. Its made of electrons, protons and neutrons (atoms) and they are moving. So the brick is moving.”

    if every part of the brick is moving, the Whole brick is moving!

    the brick is in a 3d form in time and space , yes

    “The bending of light shows that energy also has gravity.”

    the bending of light is not because time and space are warped it bends because it also has gravity.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38 Re: Space Ends 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Awareness_truth
    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    Hello there,

    Again I feel, I want to be cynical, but this doesn't get us anywhere.
    let's be brotherly about it.
    Space goes on and on for ever, for myself, that is a fact.
    But most of the people are right here. You should take your topic to the
    Religion section.
    One thing is what people hate these days, is that you are telling people what they should do.
    Be a brother, not a mother.
    lets see all your great proof that space goes on forever you have nothing except that is what everyone has always believed and that is a very good reason to believe you are wrong just like when everyone believed the earth was infinitly large and flat.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39 wallaby 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    oops i got terribly terribly confused somehow?

    the credit goes to Ophiolite.

    if only i could find my glasses.
    that name of yours "wallaby" is that a misspelling for "wantobe"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Good evening The Universe. Which particular chemical behaviour modifier are you on this evening?

    Is it a stimulant or a depressant? An upper or a downer? Legal or illegal? Taken in company or alone? Expensive or cheap? Home grown or mass manufactured? Borrowed, begged, stolen or paid for?

    Whichever, I would advise you to ask for your money back. It only seems to be working, from in there. Out here we just see much the same as before, but even more disjointed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41 i'm sitting on top of the universe 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    i'm sitting on top of the universe, just easin along, just singing my song
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42 Re: E = mc2 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    E = mc2 the equation for the atomic bomb that's why everyone knows E = mc2

    “Matter, look at a brick. Its in a three dimensional form. Its made of electrons, protons and neutrons (atoms) and they are moving. So the brick is moving.”

    if every part of the brick is moving, the Whole brick is moving!

    the brick is in a 3d form in time and space , yes

    “The bending of light shows that energy also has gravity.”

    the bending of light is not because time and space are warped it bends because it also has gravity.
    E=mc squared talks about the conversion of energy to matter, not the atom bomb.

    Saying that because everything in a brick is moving, the brick is moving, is like saying that because everything in a building is moving, the building is moving.

    The brick is in FOUR Dimensions, not three.

    Photons are the matter form of ELECTROMAGNETISM. They have NO mass. They cannot have gravity. And, the sun doesn't bend because it has gravity, it doesn't bend.

    This theory doesn't even deserved to be called pseudoscience.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43 Re: shovel 
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    were you hit with a shovel
    am i that much of a problem for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    that name of yours "wallaby" is that a misspelling for "wantobe"
    no its the correct spelling for the word wallaby, an Australian marsupial which is apart of the Macropod family. a wallaby is generally is smaller and stockier than a Kangaroo, they are found all across Australia and are also found in a small introduced colony in New Zealand.

    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    come on come on

    i want to see your universe

    come on come on

    i want to see your universe

    the whole thing
    that will cost you one trillion dollars, sorry i need the money.
    all we have seen in this thread so far are the hallucinations of what you believe to be your universe. i myself can be bothered with even trying to open peoples eyes anymore.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44 Re: E = mc2 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary
    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    E = mc2 the equation for the atomic bomb that's why everyone knows E = mc2

    “Matter, look at a brick. Its in a three dimensional form. Its made of electrons, protons and neutrons (atoms) and they are moving. So the brick is moving.”

    if every part of the brick is moving, the Whole brick is moving!

    the brick is in a 3d form in time and space , yes

    “The bending of light shows that energy also has gravity.”

    the bending of light is not because time and space are warped it bends because it also has gravity.
    E=mc squared talks about the conversion of energy to matter, not the atom bomb.

    Saying that because everything in a brick is moving, the brick is moving, is like saying that because everything in a building is moving, the building is moving.

    The brick is in FOUR Dimensions, not three.

    Photons are the matter form of ELECTROMAGNETISM. They have NO mass. They cannot have gravity. And, the sun doesn't bend because it has gravity, it doesn't bend.

    This theory doesn't even deserved to be called pseudoscience.
    retardo-Legendary
    E=mc squared talks about the conversion of energy to matter, not the atom bomb.

    in the atomic blast that is where the matter is converted into energy retardo-Legendary

    The brick is in FOUR Dimensions, not three.
    no no no
    its in three dimentional form in time and space
    retardo-Legendary

    the bending of light not the sun retaedo-Legendary the light bends
    because it has gravity not because there is a time space warp!
    retardo-Legendary

    Saying that because everything in a brick is moving, the brick is moving, is like saying that because everything in a building is moving, the building is moving.

    yes yes yes retardo-Legendary size don't matter wether its a atom brick building planet universe, if every part of it is moving, it is moving

    i'm just going to call you retardo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27
    Okay. So, now that we're proving you wrong, you're resorting to insulting and flaming?
    E = mc2 the equation for the atomic bomb that's why everyone knows E = mc2
    The equation is so well known because EINSTEIN, one of the most important contributors to science in the previous century, wrote it down. If average Joe scientist wrote it down, not everyone would know it.

    The guy who wrote "The Time Machine" got the concept: A brick has length (dimension #1), height (#2), width (#3) and DURITION (how long it lasts, #4) Without anyone of these, the brick would either become 3 dimensional (having a durition on PAPER), or simply pop out of existance the instant you made it.

    Photons have NO mass. Without ANY mass, you cannot have gravity, because you don't BEND space-time. Photons don't bend space-time. They follow its curve.

    And, lets say we have a nice sized mob. The components of the mob are all moving around a central location, the center of their mob. The mob isn't actually moving, just the people, but since the mobs CENTER doesn't change in relation to anything, it isn't moving.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46 Re: E = mc2 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    retardo-Legendary
    E=mc squared talks about the conversion of energy to matter, not the atom bomb.

    in the atomic blast that is where the matter is converted into energy retardo-Legendary
    its still not the equation for an atomic bomb.

    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    The brick is in FOUR Dimensions, not three.
    no no no
    its in three dimentional form in time and space
    retardo-Legendary
    time is the fourth dimension, everything is moving through it or it wouldn't exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    the bending of light not the sun retaedo-Legendary the light bends
    because it has gravity not because there is a time space warp!
    retardo-Legendary
    gravity is a warp of space.

    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    yes yes yes retardo-Legendary size don't matter wether its a atom brick building planet universe, if every part of it is moving, it is moving
    you wouldn't say that a brick just sitting there is moving, would you? and yet every part of the brick, on a microscopic level, is moving all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    i'm just going to call you retardo
    your ignorant method of conveying thoughts is just another testament to your lack of knowledge. if you want to be taken seriously, grow up please. you sound like a 5-year old.
    "What do you despise? By this are you truly known" - Frank Herbert
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    317
    Does space end? Or does it go on forever? I have read that space is being created as the universe expands.

    ASTRONOMY
    http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=2

    JIM COLYER
    http://www.jimcolyer.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer
    Does space end? Or does it go on forever? I have read that space is being created as the universe expands.

    ASTRONOMY
    http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=2

    JIM COLYER
    http://www.jimcolyer.com
    actually, space expands, therefore expanding the universe.
    "What do you despise? By this are you truly known" - Frank Herbert
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49 Moving not scientific threads 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    130
    Since, clearly, "the Universe" has no real scientific knowledge of this Universe, and a religious proselytizing seems to be his MO, there should be some means of removing such nonsense here, to the religion section.

    The Bible is no more a physics text, than a physics text is a spiritual/moral guide.

    To paraphrase Feynman, "We cannot develop morality from quantum mechanics."

    It's also true that no one can develop physics from either the New or Old Testaments.

    But ignoramuses will likely continue to try to do both. One supposes their idea of driving a nail is to use a screw driver, and to fasten a bolt, a hammer. Different & appropriate tools for different tasks. It's called compartmentalization. IN this universe, the method of Procrustes is most often a major failure.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maastricht, Netherlands
    Posts
    861
    A rather crude way of putting it, steve. The implications of quantum physics and relativity tend towards, eventually, the evolution theory, and the process of nature. By observing the behaviour of nature, and our own, there is hope for establishing a moral system that optimally gives shape to this neo-darwinian theorem and promotes the advancement of the human race at large.

    Science is not without implication to our daily lives, I believe. Still, I agree that one should not involve 'Holy Scripture' in scientific declaration.

    Mr U
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    Forum Freshman Yevaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    87
    Oh dear. Other than introducing myself, on my first wanderjahr through this forum, what do I find?

    "The Universe."

    Aptly named, as I seem to run into this everywhere I go.

    Universe: possibly you'll receive more credibility if you:

    1. Use proper grammar.

    2. Be reasonably polite.

    3. Ask questions instead of making wild (and wrong) claims.

    *Welcome, my friends, to the show that never ends*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52 Addition from Awareness&Truth 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    50
    "It says that matter and energy are the same thing."

    Here I agree, with you, I just love science.

    Space moves like this O/\+\/O and that is the understanding of all of time.

    This is ludicrous, sorry for saying this, it is not my intention to hurt you, I just could'nt put it another way.

    This is the Religion section and yet I don't read too much about Jesus Christ.

    What are you trying to do here, spreading the word of "ALL-GOD"(New Name) or spreading your name?

    As I said before, telling some one what you should do, irritates immensely. Why? Because we don't trust each other.
    The preachings of Jesus Christ were natural, the preachings of ours today is exactly the same as of Jesus Christ. Nothing special.

    You know what is right, and what is wrong to do. Some just don't, or won't.(your choice)

    I work at a company which makes T.L. lamps, we make light, and there I have a collegue who said that he can't stand it if people are done
    injustice. He said it in a way which was from the heart.
    That was very comforting for me.

    So now about the universe; you are saying just the opposite of what I'm saying. Where in the world, did you get your ideas? I'm 48 going
    on to 49.
    But you? youre younger, not crazy, just younger.much younger.
    All I can say is that the universe has no borders, it is infinite.
    If it would stop "SPACE" , what would there be then?
    In fact, it is very frightining. If w had a spaceship whith infinite fuel, and we would travel together, and lets bring my collegue for protection(nothing can hurt him). And then all of a sudden, BANG!!!!
    OOPS!!!

    But we're at home, and we don't have to worry about this at all.
    BUT ALL THE MORE. WE SHOULD WORRY ABOUT THE INJUSTICE THAT IS DONE ALL OVER THE WORLD.


    I'D RATHER HEAR YOU SAY IT,

    INSTEAD OF HEARING, JESUS OR, GOD, OR ALLAH SAID IT.

    WHY?

    BECAUSE IT WOULD GIVE ME A WARM HEART, ALSO KNOWING, YOU WIL BE STANDING BY MY SIDE.

    AND IF YOU WOULD SAY, JESUS SAID, OR ALLAH SAID, OR GOD SAID.
    COULD I TRUST YOU? SHOULD I TRUST YOU?
    ARE YOU SELLING? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FOLLOWERS?
    DO YOU WANT CONTRIBUTIONS? ARE YOU SCINCERE?

    AND WHO WILL BE STANDING BY MY SIDE?
    SOMEONE WHO SAID, THAT JESUS CHRIST SAID.


    MAY ALL-GOD BE HERE.



    HENRY

    PS SAY WHAT? SAY; I LOVE GRANNY SMITH'S
    "IT" made it quiet, so you can be at ease, "IT" made it tastefull so you can eat, "IT" made it real good so you can make a lot, and make your blood boil, so you can simmer down.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #53 come on come on come on 
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    come on i want to see your universe
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #54  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    get a telescope and look into the sky on a stary night.

    your in it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #55  
    Forum Freshman the universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    get a telescope and look into the sky on a stary night.

    your in it.
    but you didn't explain your universe, please include all the past present and future, and all the matter and energy and space
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #56  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    get a telescope and look into the sky on a stary night.

    your in it.
    but you didn't explain your universe, please include all the past present and future, and all the matter and energy and space
    its not for me to explain because i don't even try to pretend that i know much about it.

    but i'm still in it and apart of it.

    so i'm not going to attempt explaining it to the likes of you, not even you have brought apon an explanation of the far away universe that you live in.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #57  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by the universe
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    get a telescope and look into the sky on a stary night.

    your in it.
    but you didn't explain your universe, please include all the past present and future, and all the matter and energy and space
    what do you mean by "your" universe. The way I understand it we are all a part of the same universe. as for including all the parts of the universe that you described, all you have to do is go outside and look up at the night sky. everything is there already. the past, present and future, as well as all the matter, energy, and space all rolled into one.
    There is no problem man can't solve.......except that of his own limitations.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  59. #58  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    we you see it seems that the universe lives in his own little universe inside his mind.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  60. #59  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    we you see it seems that the universe lives in his own little universe inside his mind.
    Yes. I kind of noticed that in all of his ramblings.
    There is no problem man can't solve.......except that of his own limitations.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  61. #60  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    309
    The person that started this topic is the same person that started the stupid topic that "Einstein won WW2 singlehandedly." dont listen to him. could admin or a mod please ban this person for language on his E=mc2 topic? the universe doesnt belong on the forums.
    I don't suffer from insanity, i enjoy every minute of it

    the road to succes is never paved or clearly marked
    Reply With Quote  
     

  62. #61  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    If you look at the date for the last couple of posts you will see that no one was listening to him.......perhaps until you reawakened the thread.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  63. #62 Nanums? 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    tuscan, arizona
    Posts
    1
    S-C-I-E-N-C-E!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  64. #63  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Steve, can you tell us what the site says. At present it is unavailable.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •