Notices
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rethinking…Classic Mechanics will be Return

  1. #1 Rethinking…Classic Mechanics will be Return 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13
    According to Webster’s New World, Dictionary of Science, page 542, “Quantum theory: testing Quantum theory”, by Peter Lafferty: “Quantum Theory must be wrong, Einstein said. Einstein was never comfortable with Quantum Theory; Einstein felt that behind the uncertainty of Quantum Theory there must be an exact reality.”
    Max Planck of Quantum Theory created a revolution in science when he used the term "quanta" to disclaim the principle of Classic Mechanics, which was formed by Isaac Newton.
    However, Einstein rejected the value of Quantum Theory; therefore, Einstein may predict a comeback of Classic mechanics!
    Do you think the Classic Mechanics will be return, after Quantum Theory?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Guest
    Not sure if classical mechanics ever left, it is used all the time to design things down here on Earth, still very much taught - alive and well. Some of man's creations today require a knowledge of QM, (Medical scanners as one) but for most things classical physics still works fine.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 Re: Rethinking…Classic Mechanics will be Return 
    Forum Ph.D. william's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wherever I go, there I am
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by HiLe
    Do you think the Classic Mechanics will be return, after Quantum Theory?
    See my thread located in the physics section under
    "Classical lifetime of hydrogen".

    http://www.thescienceforum.com/Class...ogen-4294t.php

    Cheers,
    william
    "... the polhode rolls without slipping on the herpolhode lying in the invariable plane."
    ~Footnote in Goldstein's Mechanics, 3rd ed. p. 202
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Isotope Zelos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,755
    how can it get back when it never left?
    I am zelos. Destroyer of planets, exterminator of life, conquerer of worlds. I have come to rule this uiniverse. And there is nothing u pathetic biengs can do to stop me

    On the eighth day Zelos said: 'Let there be darkness,' and the light was never again seen.

    The king of posting
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos
    how can it get back when it never left?
    Who said it left?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Guest
    "Classic Mechanics will be Return"

    I think that indicates that if it is to return, it cannot be present at the moment, given that the grammar is very poor.......
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    HiLe is asking whether Classical Mechanics, or some derivation of it, will become again the primary explanation for and predictor of physical behaviour. In other words, will things like Heisenberg's uncertainty principle be shown to be false. For sure Classical Mechanics has gone away as an explanation anything: it is now merely a practical way of calculating things, not of describing underlying behaviour.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8 Re: Rethinking…Classic Mechanics will be Return 
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Detroit Metropolitan area
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by william
    Quote Originally Posted by HiLe
    Do you think the Classic Mechanics will be return, after Quantum Theory?
    See my thread located in the physics section under
    "Classical lifetime of hydrogen".

    http://www.thescienceforum.com/Class...ogen-4294t.php

    Cheers,
    william
    I posted a reply to your article on that other subject (physics).
    I am curious as to what you would have to say?

    NS
    Real science is objective, not subjective
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 Re: Rethinking…Classic Mechanics will be Return 
    Forum Ph.D. william's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wherever I go, there I am
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Quote Originally Posted by william
    Quote Originally Posted by HiLe
    Do you think the Classic Mechanics will be return, after Quantum Theory?
    See my thread located in the physics section under
    "Classical lifetime of hydrogen".

    http://www.thescienceforum.com/Class...ogen-4294t.php

    Cheers,
    william
    I posted a reply to your article on that other subject (physics).
    I am curious as to what you would have to say?

    NS
    I looked in that thread Mike (The hydrogen atom thread) but I don't see you there....
    "... the polhode rolls without slipping on the herpolhode lying in the invariable plane."
    ~Footnote in Goldstein's Mechanics, 3rd ed. p. 202
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10 Re: Rethinking…Classic Mechanics will be Return 
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Detroit Metropolitan area
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by william
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Quote Originally Posted by william
    Quote Originally Posted by HiLe
    Do you think the Classic Mechanics will be return, after Quantum Theory?
    See my thread located in the physics section under
    "Classical lifetime of hydrogen".

    http://www.thescienceforum.com/Class...ogen-4294t.php

    Cheers,
    william
    I posted a reply to your article on that other subject (physics).
    I am curious as to what you would have to say?

    NS
    I looked in that thread Mike (The hydrogen atom thread) but I don't see you there....
    I would have sworn that I visited that thread yesterday and , yes, my reponse is not there.
    I checked the dates on that thread and the last date is 10-23.

    So I will answer here. See below:

    I did not need quantum physics to understand why the Hydrogen atom (HA) does not collapse as the math experts portray a Newtonian HA that would collapse.
    They overlooked a very important magnetic interaction between the proton and the electron.

    My 'visualization' of why this is so is as follows:
    The orbital motion of the electron around the proton causes the proton to spin synchroneously with the electrons motion due to the coulomb attraction. The protons high density gives it a high permeability to magnetic fields (MF).
    This creates a strong MF to the proton that repulses the electrons MF to give the orbital momentum of the electrons rotation to keep it from collapsing.
    This can be easily proven with the 'right hand rule' (electron) and the left hand rule (proton) which have opposite charges.
    Clench your fingers in each hand and bring them together with the thumbs sticking out. The thumbs represent the movement of the two particles. The protons spin on the side toward the electron is moving in the same direction. Your clenched fingers represent the direction of the MF lines. Notice that these lines are moving in the same direction for both particles as your fingers would indicate. When this happens, there is an intrinsic force that 'pushes' these field line apart.
    So this magnetic boost to the electrons orbital movement keeps the electron in suspension indefinately in the ground state orbit. That is why the HA's will never collapse except, of corse, in the condensing of stars.

    NS
    Real science is objective, not subjective
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •