Notices
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 131 of 131
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What are your favourite movies?

  1. #101  
    Forum Bachelors Degree dmwyant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    456
    Which Repo Man? The old one (and my favorite) with the thing in the trunk or the the new one with the harvesting of body parts?
    Not all who wander are lost... Some of us just misplaced our destination.

    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist.
    -Jack London
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by dmwyant View Post
    Which Repo Man? The old one (and my favorite) with the thing in the trunk or the the new one with the harvesting of body parts?
    The old one.

    I missed the new one.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    New Member Jess.d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    Lost In Translation.
    babe likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13
    My Favorites movies is The Marine , Terminator 2 and Mission Impossible.........
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    I just watched the following movie, Netflix has it rated at 4.5 stars & I gave it 5 stars. It has a surprisingly good twist on an old plot. In any event I highly recommend it.

    The Host

    2013 - PG13 - 126 minutes

    When an alien race implants a parasite soul named Wanderer into Melanie Stryder's body, she resists the takeover. Soon, Melanie and Wanderer become reluctant allies as they go on a quest to track down the men they love in this sci-fi thriller.

    Cast: Saoirse Ronan, Diane Kruger, William Hurt, Frances Fisher, Jake Abel, Max Irons, Boyd Holbrook, Marcus Lyle Brown, Bokeem Woodbine, Chandler Canterbury, Scott Lawrence, David House, Phil Austin

    Director: Andrew Niccol

    Genres: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Sci-Fi Thrillers, Alien Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi Dramas, Romantic Dramas, Dramas Based on Bestsellers, Blu-ray

    This movie is: Suspenseful, Romantic
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    The Mouse That Roared

    The Magic Christian

    War Of The Worlds

    Pleasantville

    Stagecoach

    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

    Forbidden Planet

    This Island Earth

    Tora! Tora! Tora!

    Frankenstien

    Werewolf

    The Maltese Falcon











    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Gone With The Wind
    My Fair Lady
    Camelot
    Home Alone
    Roman Holiday
    Wait Until Dark
    Oklahoma
    Plaza Suite
    Pulp Fiction
    Tin Cup
    Caddyshack
    The Lord of the Rings (trilogy)
    Cool Hand Luck
    When Harry Meets Sally
    City Slickers
    Princess Bride
    The Way We Were
    Funny Girl
    On a Clear Day
    Field of Dreams

    Pirates of the Carribean (first two)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    My daughter and I saw Kick-Ass 2 tonight. I thought it was great. Though I miss understood somethings. My daughter laughed at me because I didn't understand that hit girl actually got turned on by boyband videos. I thought she was going to hurl when she saw them. She looked horrified. But apparently she liked what she saw. I had no idea Hit Girl did what she did with vision problems. Makes her just that much more impressive.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    P.E.: "Your name is John Coffey?"
    J.C.: "Yes sir boss. Like the drink, only not spelled the same."




    P: "Mr. Cobb has a job offer he would like to discuss with you."
    A: "Like a work placement?"
    C: "Not exactly."

    Last edited by Cogito Ergo Sum; August 20th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    Anti-Crank AlexG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,809


    Jeremiah Johnson made his way into the mountains,
    He was planning on forgetting,
    All the trouble that he'd seen...
    shlunka and babe like this.
    Its the way nature is!
    If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
    To another universe, where the rules are simpler
    Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
    Prof Richard Feynman (1979) .....

    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #111  
    ...matter and pixie dust wegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    Shawshank Redemption
    Prince of Tides
    The Pianist
    Schindler's List
    ELF
    A Christmas Carol
    Blair Witch Project
    Papillon
    Shattered Glass
    Enchanted (ah, fairy tale love...)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #112  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    (Not In Order)
    Shawshank Redemption "For the plot, drama, characters."
    Pulp Fiction "Action, comedy, and sporadic nature"
    The Thing "Suspense suspense suspense, whole film is a guessing game"
    Space Babes 2: Sodomize Our Orifices! "I like the music!"
    Tango & Cash "Terrible acting, cheesy one liners, crap plot, and that's just the trailer! Thoroughly love this movie"
    Platoon "Great performances, memorable characters, great drama"
    Apocalypse Now "Asides from Brando's lackluster performance, loved it."
    Godfather "Doesn't need an explanation"
    Godfather 2 "Needs an explanation even less"
    The Shining "Suspense and Horror"
    Dead Alive 1992 "Sheer grotesqueness and a few jokes."
    Monty Python And The Holy Grail "Hilarious"
    Monty Python's The Life Of Brian "Also hilarious, in a more satirical way."
    Alien series "Great sci-fi, scurry monster, several babes, perfect for heterosexual males and animal lovers alike."
    Jeremiah Johnson "Transformation of Redford throughout his adapting to the environment."
    Saving Private Ryan "Watch Normandy scene, then change channel. First part is fantastic."
    Good Bad Ugly "Wonderful western"
    Outlaw Josey Wales "Almost as wonderful western, this time with an old indian!"
    Unforgiven "Like the two before, but with more arthritis and facial crevices."
    Schindler's List "Liam Neeson, and whatever that genocide was called."
    Original Star Wars Trilogy "Story, effects, acting, and because it's freaking star wars."
    Pink Panther "Peter Sellers, and Peter Sellers"
    Scarface "I work for Orkin"
    Goodfellas "De Niro and coke inhalation"
    Gladiator "Acting, story, action."
    Titanic "JUST KIDDING!"
    National Lampoon's Vacation "Chevy Chase, before he lost his funny bone in a motorcycle accident."
    2001: A Space Odyssey "You get to watch apes beat the shit out of each other! Oh, and something about a monogram or something."
    Once Upon A Time In The West "Acting, plot, everything else."
    Commando "Cheesy one liners and terrible acting."
    Terminator "Action, action, action, and Arnold."
    Ip Man "He slaps people in humorous ways!"
    Legend Of Drunken Master "Chan at perhaps his physical finest, some humor, and they taught themselves to move their mouths out of sync with their voices after thousands of years of acquired kung-fu mastery."
    Seven Samurai "Because it's still enjoyable to watch today."
    Nosferatu (Silent Film) "Great movie, great suspense, still a bit eerie today."
    The Exorcist "I like to pretend the old preacher is a child molester."
    CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST!!!!
    KALSTER and wegs like this.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #113  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by alexg View Post


    jeremiah johnson made his way into the mountains,
    he was planning on forgetting,
    all the trouble that he'd seen...
    wonderful movie!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #114  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    (Not In Order)
    Shawshank Redemption "For the plot, drama, characters."
    Pulp Fiction "Action, comedy, and sporadic nature"
    The Thing "Suspense suspense suspense, whole film is a guessing game"
    Space Babes 2: Sodomize Our Orifices! "I like the music!"
    Tango & Cash "Terrible acting, cheesy one liners, crap plot, and that's just the trailer! Thoroughly love this movie"
    Platoon "Great performances, memorable characters, great drama"
    Apocalypse Now "Asides from Brando's lackluster performance, loved it."
    Godfather "Doesn't need an explanation"
    Godfather 2 "Needs an explanation even less"
    The Shining "Suspense and Horror"
    Dead Alive 1992 "Sheer grotesqueness and a few jokes."
    Monty Python And The Holy Grail "Hilarious"
    Monty Python's The Life Of Brian "Also hilarious, in a more satirical way."
    Alien series "Great sci-fi, scurry monster, several babes, perfect for heterosexual males and animal lovers alike."
    Jeremiah Johnson "Transformation of Redford throughout his adapting to the environment."
    Saving Private Ryan "Watch Normandy scene, then change channel. First part is fantastic."
    Good Bad Ugly "Wonderful western"
    Outlaw Josey Wales "Almost as wonderful western, this time with an old indian!"
    Unforgiven "Like the two before, but with more arthritis and facial crevices."
    Schindler's List "Liam Neeson, and whatever that genocide was called."
    Original Star Wars Trilogy "Story, effects, acting, and because it's freaking star wars."
    Pink Panther "Peter Sellers, and Peter Sellers"
    Scarface "I work for Orkin"
    Goodfellas "De Niro and coke inhalation"
    Gladiator "Acting, story, action."
    Titanic "JUST KIDDING!"
    National Lampoon's Vacation "Chevy Chase, before he lost his funny bone in a motorcycle accident."
    2001: A Space Odyssey "You get to watch apes beat the shit out of each other! Oh, and something about a monogram or something."
    Once Upon A Time In The West "Acting, plot, everything else."
    Commando "Cheesy one liners and terrible acting."
    Terminator "Action, action, action, and Arnold."
    Ip Man "He slaps people in humorous ways!"
    Legend Of Drunken Master "Chan at perhaps his physical finest, some humor, and they taught themselves to move their mouths out of sync with their voices after thousands of years of acquired kung-fu mastery."
    Seven Samurai "Because it's still enjoyable to watch today."
    Nosferatu (Silent Film) "Great movie, great suspense, still a bit eerie today."
    The Exorcist "I like to pretend the old preacher is a child molester."
    CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST!!!!
    I like Clint Eastwood's movies also....


    PAINT YOUR WAGON!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #115  
    ...matter and pixie dust wegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    Oops, I meant to add up top...V for Vandetta. Great movie.
    And I really enjoyed The Other Boleyn Girl.

    Natalie Portman was great in both of these movies!
    shazzy likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #116  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    A.D.: "Lily... after all this time?"
    S.S.: "Always."


    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #117  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    The Mouse That Roared

    The Magic Christian

    War Of The Worlds

    Pleasantville

    Stagecoach

    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

    Forbidden Planet

    This Island Earth

    Tora! Tora! Tora!

    Frankenstien

    Werewolf

    The Maltese Falcon










    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]


    OH MY GOD!!

    You remember The Magic Christian?

    and heavens

    I did the musical version of Forbidden Planet

    called "Return to the Forbidden Planet"


    cosmictraveler likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #118  
    Forum Professor Daecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,288
    My all-time favourite film ever is Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #119  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    My all-time favourite film ever is Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
    Oh heavens! *L*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #120  
    Forum Masters Degree LuciDreaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    656
    "And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh" Nietzsche.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #121  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    People that say movies aren't an art form needs to wake up. Also, while it's true that movies based on a book fall flat more often than not, movies in themselves can portray emotion and circumstance that engages your mind in a whole other way. So, I'll start with a few of my favourites!

    The Royal Tennenbaums
    The Life Aquatic
    Pulp Fiction
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Papillon
    Iron Man
    Sideways
    Forrest Gump
    Robocop
    Contact
    Close Encounters of The Third Kind
    The Incredibles
    Four Rooms
    Kill Bill 1&2
    The Pink Panther Movies (not the Steve Martin drivel)
    And many, many more....
    CONTACT!! YES

    Breakfast at Tiffany's!
    The ORIGNAL Pink Panther
    Close Encounter..spousy hates it but I love it!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #122  
    Forum Freshman shazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    60
    I'd always wanted to watch papillon!
    my fav movie:
    Sherlock Holmes
    Ramona and beezus
    Harry Potter
    Salt
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #123  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    I have just recently "this morning" watched 12 Angry Men (1957). A recommendation made by several individuals also posting in this thread. I must say, I was absolutely enthralled by the movie, the drama, the action, all within one room for the majority of the film. For those interested, I was able to locate a full length movie of it here 12 Angry Men (1957) FULL - YouTube .
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #124  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    I have just recently "this morning" watched 12 Angry Men (1957). A recommendation made by several individuals also posting in this thread. I must say, I was absolutely enthralled by the movie, the drama, the action, all within one room for the majority of the film. For those interested, I was able to locate a full length movie of it here 12 Angry Men (1957) FULL - YouTube .
    That was one of the few movies we were forced to watch in high school that I actually liked. Along with Too Kill a Mockingbird.
    Ascended and shlunka like this.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #125  
    Forum Freshman HB3l1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    85
    The good will hunting
    K-PAX
    Lord of the rings
    The Holy mountain ( Huhu!)
    A Clockwork orange
    The eyes wide shut
    Apocalipto
    Mystic River
    Amadeus (Really good movie about Mozart)
    The skin I live in
    The last king of Scotland
    One flew over the cuckoo's nest
    Awakening
    The curious case of Benjamin Button
    A Beautiful mind
    Life is Beautiful
    It's a wonderful life
    Rosemary's baby
    Star Wars
    The Artists
    500 days with Summer
    Lost in translation
    Fight Club
    Midnight in Paris
    The Shining
    The Bucket List
    No country for old men
    Catch me if you can
    Sixth sense
    The Big Lebowski
    and many other which I can't recall right now
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #126  
    Forum Sophomore Hymenophyllum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    170
    LOTR
    Star Trek Wrath of Khan
    Star Wars
    300
    Scary Movie
    He is numb from his toes down
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #127  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Casablanca
    most anything with Cary Grant or Audrey Hepburn
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #128  
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    282
    (a semi-random list in no particular order)
    The Hunt for Red October
    Terminator
    The Three Musketeers: The Queens' Diamonds (1973)
    The Four Musketeers: Milady's Revenge (1974)
    Star Wars
    The Empire Strikes Back
    The Return of the Jedi
    The Abyss
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    The Princess Bride
    Kelly's Heroes
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Iron Man
    The Dark Knight
    Kill Bill
    The Sting
    The Matrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #129  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by danhanegan View Post
    (a semi-random list in no particular order)
    The Hunt for Red October ***
    Terminator ***
    The Three Musketeers: The Queens' Diamonds (1973) ****
    The Four Musketeers: Milady's Revenge (1974) **
    Star Wars ****
    The Empire Strikes Back
    The Return of the Jedi
    The Abyss
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    The Princess Bride****
    Kelly's Heroes ****
    Raiders of the Lost Ark (****
    ana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Iron Man
    The Dark Knight
    Kill Bill
    The Sting *********
    se above
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #130  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    I just watched the following movie and violent & exciting is a very good description. Also this movie was very well done with good acting.

    Olympus Has Fallen

    2013 - R - 119 minutes

    Director Antoine Fuqua's action thriller stars Gerard Butler as a disgraced Secret Service agent who must come to the rescue when Korean terrorists descend on the White House and take the president hostage.

    Cast: Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Finley Jacobsen, Dylan McDermott, Rick Yune, Angela Bassett, Melissa Leo, Ashley Judd, Radha Mitchell, Robert Forster, Cole Hauser

    Director: Antoine Fuqua

    Genres: Action & Adventure, Action Thrillers, Military & War Action, Crime Action, Blu-ray

    This movie is: Violent, Exciting
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #131  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Thanks my leetle Robot will rent it next week
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •