Notices
Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: My Absence

  1. #1 My Absence 
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Hi Guys.

    It has been a long time since I have been active. I have glanced at a thread or two and I see that a few things have been happening, like John Galt leaving his position (very sad indeed) and a few new members being up for mod positions. All those nominated are worthy contenders.

    I don't think I have a good enough reason for not being active any more. Some of the issues that were around when I was last active was really having a negative effect on me. Along with that, I have been fairly busy with a few things like work and being involved with a competition Battlefield 4 clan (that might surprise a few people ), but I can't say that I really didn't have enough time to stay around.

    I do feel though that I might be able to get involved again a bit more from now on. I understand that the site owner has still not shown his face and that the domain name will lapse soon. I am not sure what we can do about it, but I will see what can be done.

    Just glancing over the forum makes me realise how much I have missed you guys and makes me feel ashamed for having been absent for so long. I still love this place and what it stands for.

    I hope that we can still do something to keep this forum alive. It has been around for more than a decade and it shouldn't die now.

    Thanks.


    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,753
    Go stand in the corner until we forgive you!
    Welcome back Kalster.


    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Samurai of Logic Falconer360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Washington
    Posts
    381
    Yeah Kalster. I came back recently and you were nowhere to be found. The site doesn't feel right without you around. Although I guess this site never felt the same for me after B&B anyways, but that's another issue. So I definitely look forward to seeing you around here more often.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled." Hunter S Thompson

    "It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down"
    - Yagyu Munenori

    "Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,380
    Hey Kal, you,re part of the heart and soul of this place, things just work better when you're around. Nice to see you back.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,064
    Callie!

    You were out there!

    Your timing is exemplary, as usual.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Welcome back Kalster. It seems a lot longer than just 3 months.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    I breathed a great sigh of relief. I was concerned that something had happened to you. Welcome back.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Masters Degree Tranquille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Solar System
    Posts
    733
    Welcome back! I had wondered where you had gotten to. Glad to see you safe and sound.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Western US
    Posts
    2,655
    Glad to see you back, Kalster -- you have been missed!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Your Mama! GiantEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    1,918
    @KALSTER;
    Glad to know that life is good for you. I don't want you to feel bad about leaving off for a moment. This forum owes you much much more than an impromptu vacation.
    GE
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    Welcome back, kalster. What do you play battlefield on?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    4,589
    Welcome back, you've been missed for sure, and helping words are always welcome!
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Moderator Moderator Markus Hanke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,173
    Welcome back, I have certainly missed you !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Moderator Moderator Markus Hanke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,173
    I understand that the site owner has still not shown his face and that the domain name will lapse soon.
    Ok, this is worrisome. Let us know what you can figure out.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,507
    Welcome back member KALSTER!
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    Welcome back. There isn't any need to apologize. It's supposed to be fun, not a job where you have to show up every day.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,465
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Hi Guys.

    It has been a long time since I have been active. I have glanced at a thread or two and I see that a few things have been happening, like John Galt leaving his position (very sad indeed) and a few new members being up for mod positions. All those nominated are worthy contenders.

    I don't think I have a good enough reason for not being active any more. Some of the issues that were around when I was last active was really having a negative effect on me. Along with that, I have been fairly busy with a few things like work and being involved with a competition Battlefield 4 clan (that might surprise a few people ), but I can't say that I really didn't have enough time to stay around.

    I do feel though that I might be able to get involved again a bit more from now on. I understand that the site owner has still not shown his face and that the domain name will lapse soon. I am not sure what we can do about it, but I will see what can be done.

    Just glancing over the forum makes me realise how much I have missed you guys and makes me feel ashamed for having been absent for so long. I still love this place and what it stands for.

    I hope that we can still do something to keep this forum alive. It has been around for more than a decade and it shouldn't die now.

    Thanks.


    KALSTER!

    I ADORE YOU!

    I love how you answer questions, and your humanity, and everything about you.

    I simply adore you!.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    Welcome back, kalster. What do you play battlefield on?
    PC of course.

    Guys, thanks for the warm welcome back!

    And a special wink for babe:
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,465
    Quote Originally Posted by kalster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    welcome back, kalster. What do you play battlefield on?
    pc of course.

    guys, thanks for the warm welcome back!

    And a special wink for babe:
    i am skeeeered now!! *l*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Welcome back, buddy. Are you big into games? It's my main addiction.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Welcome back, buddy. Are you big into games? It's my main addiction.
    Thanks man! Not really, more Battlefield 4 than anything else at the moment.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Welcome back, buddy. Are you big into games? It's my main addiction.
    Thanks man! Not really, more Battlefield 4 than anything else at the moment.
    Well, did you win anything yet? I played BF3 a lot, but I couldn't get BF4 because of the hours I poured into the third one. I used to be involved in Halo competitions just out of high school (hope that doesn't date me too much).

    Good to see you're back and refreshed again.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    Welcome back, kalster. What do you play battlefield on?
    PC of course.

    Guys, thanks for the warm welcome back!

    And a special wink for babe:
    Awh, shucks. Would have been awesome to team up with you on the battlefield.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Welcome back, buddy. Are you big into games? It's my main addiction.
    Thanks man! Not really, more Battlefield 4 than anything else at the moment.
    Well, did you win anything yet? I played BF3 a lot, but I couldn't get BF4 because of the hours I poured into the third one. I used to be involved in Halo competitions just out of high school (hope that doesn't date me too much).

    Good to see you're back and refreshed again.
    Lol, not yet. Was part of a 5v5 domination team for a few months and we have been doing pretty well in clannie matches. I am now captain of a second team that was announced last night. Our national competition starts in a few months. Looking forward to it. I am not the best player, but I enjoy the competition.

    Thanks man.

    Yeah Matt, would have been nice.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    Ah, it wasn't meant to be. I'm a conquest kind of guy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,465
    I am just happy to have Kalster BACK!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Absence of time
    By ZaBici in forum Physics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: July 5th, 2014, 12:15 PM
  2. Can there be a reality in the absence of observer ?
    By chandragupta in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: March 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
  3. Back after a long absence
    By southern_firestorm in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 13th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •